Friday, September 2, 2011

What Happened to the Summer?????

As I am sitting at my office on Friday afternoon - before the long weekend - it occurred to me that summer is quickly coming to an end.

My big plans for training and racing this summer got wildly sidetracked with an insanely busy working schedule. Before I knew, the summer was over and school officially starts on Monday - yikes!

Although I didn't end doing as many adventures as I had originally planned, I did squeeze in some fun into my busy summer. To keep things short, here is an outline of the summer.

1. Oliver Half Iron - June
Diane and I had a fun weekend with Mark as our driver, coach and mechanic extraordinaire! I had a decent race considering the amount of training under my belt. I had a good swim, a great bike and a terrible run. I am most please with my bike as I managed not to get passed my any girls and was in 3rd overall - until the run .... we won't bother talking about the rest of the race :)

2. Trip to Toronto - June
I took a couple of days off of work to jet over to Toronto to visit my family and to cheer on Mark's team at Cycling Nationals. I had a great, short visit with everyone and enjoyed cheering on Team H&R BLOCK.


3. Penticton "Work" Trip - July
I had the chance to head up to Penticton for a Whitecaps Women's game in July which was conveniently the same weekend as the Axle Merckx Gran Fondo. Once I got through with the work obligation, I managed to squeeze in a little training and a really fun ride.


4. Whistler Weekend - August
Mark and I managed to get away after a crazy summer for a few days up in Whistler. We had a relaxing time and enjoyed the sunny weather with some hiking, SUPing and downhill mountain biking. It was the perfect way to celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary.


5. Thetis Island - August
We had a wonderful mini trip to Thetis Island to celebrate Adam & Sally's wedding weekend. We had a fun trip over on the float plane, followed by lots of swimming, running, bocci tournaments and wine! It was wonderful to be a part of their big day - congrats!





Here's to the fall and more adventures to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment